Thursday, March 12, 2015

Oh, Hello.



Hey guys,

So if you’re reading this, odds are you’re a friend, or family, or in some cases maybe a bit of both – you know who you are. I was recently encouraged to start a blog about life, thoughts, rants, etc. And while many of you know that I’ve run a moderately successful nail blog for several years now – by moderately successful I mean it’s a great excuse for my stupidly huge nail polish collection that I have poured a gazillion dollars into by now. *cough* click here to check it out. *cough* - but let’s be honest, that’s not exactly I place I can go and spill all the inner workings of my brain, even though it happens from time to time. 

If for some bizarre reason you’re reading this and don’t know me, allow me to tell you a bit about myself. I’m a twenty-six year old female, with a completely obsessive addictive personality. That right there is the reason I don’t drink anymore, and I’ve never touched a drug in my life (aside from Advil... Advil, you complete me) Anyone who has seen my wall of movies, my nail polish collection, or even just ALL the zebra print stuff I own can attest to the fact that I am easily susceptible to addiction. Harmful addiction runs in my family, however so does being stubborn. So out of sheer stubbornness I flat out refuse to let an addiction ruin my life, and that of my future family’s. There are so many things I am passionate about, animals, family/friends, crafting, nail polish, Disney, alphabetization – the list is unending.

I often catch flak from my family and friends that I don’t ever call, or write, or hang out – whatever. It’s true, I’m awful when it comes to reaching out to people. I absolutely loathe talking on the phone, and skype is my idea of a perfect hell (seriously, now you get to see that giant zit on my chin in all it’s pixilated glory, AND I can’t even multitask and be doing something else while we talk? No thank you.) In all honestly talking on the phone makes me incredibly uncomfortable, and in my head phone calls are pretty much reserved for really bad news only (Jacquie - I’m looking at you, and your awkward small talk prefacing the fact that my horse DIED.) 

So this is the perfect middle ground, I’m going to pour my hopes and dreams – scratch that – thoughts and ramblings - out within the posts of this blog. Some will be really focused and have a definite topic of conversation, some will be scattered and all over the place. Read it if you like, and if you don’t that’s fine too. But NO ONE, not one person is allowed to get pissed that I blogged about something before telling them. That is my disclaimer, get over it.
Right now I feel like there are so many places I could go with this, but for now I’m going to end it there and save the rest for another day. I have no clue how often I will post on here so lets look at it like a surprise. Cause who the eff knows! 

Welcome to the madness,
-Caitlin


Side note: Why The Prickly Hedgehog? Well there are a couple reasons, first reason is I often think of, and describe myself as a hedgehog, I’m adorable and yet prickly (adorable is usually said sarcastically, sarcasm is something I’m really good at.) Then the second reason came from my coach/big sister/mentor/therapist/partner in crime Jacquie. “It’s just like life... so cute and cuddly in theory. Then the bastard pokes you, and suddenly it ain’t so fun anymore.” Yep, pretty accurate if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment